Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another week!

How has it been a week since my last post?!  The days just fly by lately.  I know it's supposed to be wordless wednesday, but I gotta get these things out when I'm motivated and have the time, at the same time!

Olivia is busy as ever, cutting a molar.  Sleep has been much improved (last night aside) with just one or two quick wake-ups to nurse!  So proud of my little bug, she is becoming so independent.  She uses a fork now, with a little help stabbing at various things she wants to eat.  Last week she had Thai Green Curry, Middle Eastern Stuffed Zucchini, sushi (not the raw fish kind, a California Roll) and a couple hot peppers from the garden (which aren't so hot, but still... look intimidating and purple).  She surprises me with her little palate, I don't think I ate curry until college!  And sushi, probably after that! 

She literally runs everywhere... hard to believe that she's only 13.5 months.  She understands so much, short tasks (bring me the ball, where is your book, etc) and many different objects.   She just seems so smart to me.

I feel proud to be raising her, putting so much thought into how my actions now will affect her whole life.  I often feel sad when I see people who parent as an afterthought, or a chore.  You are helping this little person become something in the world, so what if it takes a little of your time at night?  So what if she wants to read the same book over and over, or needs snuggles because her teeth hurt... it's certainly my belief that if we respect our children from day one, they will respect us as they grow.  Not just say they know what respect is, but really and truly understand it.  I suppose there is a lot behind this post, but that's for another day perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment