Friday, May 6, 2011

Can I Just Have...

A whole slew of 2 year olds? Seriously, I mean that. Olivia will be 2 in 25 days (I know this because today, May 6th, was my initial due date. 25 LONG ASS days later I gave birth!) and she's like, a real kid now. Toddler moments, yes we have them, but overall she is so sweet and wonderful, I just love this age.

Earlier we went out for our run, and whenever we come back Olivia likes to run around outside for an hour or so. It's nice because I can sit on the back porch and drink a cup of coffee while she happily plays. We have "our" spot, where she always tells me to come sit with her. Today we sat in the spot (the top stair of the porch) and she repeatedly came up to me, kissed me on the cheek and said, "love you too mom, bye mom!" and would go down the steps to play. After a couple minutes she'd come back up the stairs and say, "hi mom!" and sit down and hug me. Then repeat. Holy heart melt.

We then went around and picked "daddylions" which are dandelions for dad. They are mostly smashed now, but it's the thought that counts ;)

Speaking of dad, Olivia has called us "mom" and "dad" since she began talking. She's like a little teenager. Anyway, J has recently been trying to get her to call her "daddy", which she's taken to. In addition, she's started adding the "y" sound to the end of many words, just out of the blue. "Me drink wog-y" (water, which used to just be "wog") or "touch mom's leggy". So funny.

It's amazing to me that just a few months ago she was practically nonverbal, and now at 23 months she's making up songs, talking up a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment