Tuesday, November 9, 2010

17 Months

It's funny, it seems like Olivia has hit developmental stuff at an exact age. I won't say milestones; what I mean is that she seems to show a big difference month to month in the things she does, and I always notice in the first couple days of the month. Since she was born on the 31st, it just always seems like it goes along with her age.

She recently turned 17 months, and the change has been words! She seemed to just wake up one day and begin repeating everything we say. She's probably doubled her word count in the past week. I am always so amazed watching her develop. She still definitely has some issues with being frustrated at her inability to communicate, but it also seems like she understands so much more. We've been struggling to get her to stay in her high chair for a meal, and the past couple days I've been able to reason with her so that she stays in long enough for us to eat.

Either that, or the sleep deprivation just makes it SEEM as though I'm reasoning with her!

So all four molars have poked through, and now I see some little craters where the canines will come in next. I'll probably sleep when Olivia goes to college. This morning, Josh made it sound like getting 4 hours of sleep in a row was a luxury that I am able to partake in often (it's not, and last night was no exception) and that because he works nights, he gets less sleep. Umm... let's just let that one go, shall we? He was clearly overtired and had no idea what he was saying.

All else is going well. We're house-hunting! Yay! More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment