Saturday, November 27, 2010

Teething and Climbing and the iPhone, oh my!

First things first, my little update. Olivia is saying all kinds of stuff now! She'll be 18 months on the 1st (born on the 31st, but there isn't one in November) so I'd say that's right on track. The one I'm most excited about? "Please!"

We did some measuring last night too, Olivia is about 22lbs 5oz and 32inches. She is running and climbing on EVERYTHING. ALL THE TIME. It's exhausting... she gets up on things that you wouldn't think she could. The TV stand, the bar stools, the dining room table... she has no fear. Of course, in her full-on toddler glory, she absolutely hates being taken down from something, regardless of how fear-inducing it is. So there's that.

Teeth are nearly all in. I think there is one more molar and three more canines to go! I'm hopeful for life after teething, I really am.

I'm curious about how kids in Olivia's generation will grow up. She is fully capable of operating my iPhone. She unlocks it, flips through the pages to where her apps are, chooses an app, presses play, and then happily plays. Seems rather complex to me for 18 months. She has a sign language app which she is actually learning signs from, so I'm totally for embracing technology.

So we've had a busy month. Thanksgiving was nice, it's been cold AND hunting season, so we haven't spent much time outside. Despite being a veteran, I am still not a fan of hearing gunshots in my backyard. Especially since I assume most hunters are average or below with regard to aim and ability to properly use a gun... I just don't like it. We have been trying to make it to playgroup as much as possible, though!

We're preparing for Christmas, I've gotten so much shopping done already and it's not even December! I'm so organized this year! After the first of the year, we have a lot of tentative plans. A more structured bedtime (I know, I know... I'm sure I'll be blogging about that...), continue with some gentle mama & baby led weaning (she's already doing this on her own a bit), and I am going to start a little work at home business. I've got the logistics worked out, but will wait until January to set up shop. We've got some other things potentially going on, but I'm not going to post yet until after the new year!

Hope everyone is enjoying the season! I just love the holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment