Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 256

And I'm finally settling in to do this. I've looked for the best way to document life with Olivia, because it's the day to day pieces I want to remember.

Today she is napping on her own. For a week straight, it's been naps on her own. It's funny because this seemed impossible just last month. She is growing and changing so fast (hello, cliche, but it's true)! She's an expert crawler and has been for some time, most recently she has been standing on her own and trying to take a few steps. She cruises while holding onto the furniture constantly. Are we really going to have a 9-month walker?!

She says "dada" all the time, "mama" every now and then, and "hi" and "uh-oh". She's so smart, and she's starting to actually resemble me a wee bit. She definitely got her daddy's eyes (and eyelashes, lucky girl). She also waves hello and goodbye, and gives high-fives.

I couldn't be luckier to get to stay home with her. I'm not sure how we've made this past year work, with hubs in school and me staying home, but it seems like we are more comfortable now financially than either of us were before.

Additionally, I'm glad I wrote everything else down the old-school way in her baby book up until now, so I guess from this point I will try to note funny/cute/notable things she does daily. I tried to fit that in the baby book, and it just wasn't working.

Maybe I'll add a birth story in too, I suppose I've been meaning to write it, but I've always felt at peace with the birth I had. I had a drug-free, natural birth with midwives and on May 31, 2009 at 7:58 am my girl arrived! I was in early labor for probably 24 hours (she was so late, I don't think I believed I'd ever be "not pregnant") and then went to the hospital at 3:30am on the 31st. Pushed for 22 minutes. She was 7lbs 9.5 ounces, and 19 inches long. Everything was perfect from that moment forward. Nursing was easier than I thought, we coslept from the beginning and parenting was naturally lending itself to ap.

Now she's 26 inches, almost 19lbs, and busy as can be. So far, I'm doing it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment