Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Molars & Slutty Costumes

Can suck it. Totally suck it. We've had three molars come through in the past week. Additionally, I've had very little sleep. I can imagine how awful this must be for Olivia, and now I can't even give her teething tablets due to the recent recall.

Did I mention teething also seems to make children sick? It does. It's awful. I'm sick too, though I didn't get it as badly as Olivia did. Thankfully she seems to be getting all these teeth out of the way at once. Someone please tell me there is sleep on the other side of this. Also, please disregard my post about a schedule... while we are still basically on the same schedule, this new one involves many wakings throughout the night and generally a puking toddler thrown in for kicks. Oy.

Still, we plan on running the 5K next weekend. I'm feeling nervous about it, because I've been sick and not sleeping, I haven't been running. Perhaps my uber-small pirate costume will give me the strength to push through. Yes, we finally decided to all be pirates for this Halloween road race. Olivia has an adorable costume, Josh's is super cool, mine leaves my butt cheeks hanging out. It's meant to be a dress, but it literally does not cover my ass. Despite my 15 lb weight loss (woohoo!! Below my prepregnany weight!!) I definitely do not want to walk or run anywhere with my ass showing. I bought running tights today and will alter the "dress" to make it a shirt. By alter I mean, actually do nothing and just wear it as a shirt.

 Pictures to come, once I've completed the race. Actually, perhaps I'll take pictures before, I don't want to show off how exhausted I am after running 3.2 measly miles.

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel you. Youre amazing for attempting a 5K after this hell week. And OMG congratulations on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mama! We'll see how the 5K goes. I've run plenty in the past, my goal now is to just finish! Here's hoping the end is near for both of our teething toddlers!

    ReplyDelete